KB3D Group Buy 2 - LDO Voron V0.1 3D Printer Kit
KB3D's second group buy features the newly available and high quality LDO Motors Voron V0.1 3D Printer Kit.
Please read the product description for timeline details!
KB3D Group Buy 2 - LDO Voron V0.1 3D Printer Kit
GROUP BUY WILL SUCCEED! -- CURRENT PARTICIPANTS = 35
SECOND QUANTITY GOAL REACHED! -- PRICE DROPPED TO $569.99 (Existing Participants will be refunded the difference at campaign close)
PARTICIPANT GOAL FOR ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS = 50
Introducing KB3D's next community group buy!
Our mission statement is to support special open-source hardware projects with partial and complete BOM's at affordable prices via bulk purchasing and in-house manufacturing.
For certain products however, community buying power can be the most powerful and effective. In these cases, we group buy!
See the bottom of this page for more details.
Group Buy Breakdown
Product Summary: LDO Motors Voron V0.1 Printer Build Kit
Quantity goal (for campaign success): 15
Quantity goal (for additional savings): 25
Quantity goal (for EVEN MORE savings): 50
Campaign Timeline: 7/4/21 - 7/31/21
Estimated delivery date:
These units are coming from LDO's second batch of production. Please note that depending on the number of participants, lead times may vary. We currently estimate that the units would arrive in late September or early October based on LDO's lead times and average current sea freight times.
Buying more than one?
Depending on your location, shipping may be more economical if orders are placed separately for each unit.
Since we are existing partners with LDO motors, our normal workflow for discounts is a bit different with this group buy. This time we already know our discount tiers at higher quantities!
Retail cost for 1 unit shipped: $699.00USD
Group Buy cost for 1 unit with 15-24 participants (less shipping from KB3D): $599.99USD - Discounted 15%
Group Buy cost for 1 unit with 25-49 participants (less shipping from KB3D): $569USD - Discounted 19%
Group Buy cost for 1 unit with 50+ participants (less shipping from KB3D): $556USD - Discounted 21%
*Add this item to your cart to calculate shipping costs.*
What it is:
LDO Motor's recently announced this Voron V0.1 BOM build kit as a reasonably priced solution to the often sub-standard kits available elsewhere. LDO has been a proud supporter of the Voron ecosystem for years and previously offered an extensive inventory of Voron-specific parts kits to the community. Armed with this knowledge and feedback from trusted folks on the development team, LDO now offers us this high quality and complete BOM kit!
Why we love it:
Parts kits with varying levels of quality have been around for quite some time now. Imported kits from far east vendors often include components that are not up to the safety standards that the Voron team begs its users to consider. Builders can do their best to identify and replace sub-par components during a build, but too often early failures cause headaches shortly after commissioning the printer. Add to this the possibility of missing or incorrect parts that require another month to arrive, and you can see why we love the LDO V0.1 kit.
- LDO's trusted kit components all rolled into one complete kit
- Pay one shipping fee from one Vendor. Self sourcing can get expensive in this way.
- It's complete, and tested. LDO took feedback from early production kits to refine the final product.
- Economical, yet comprehensive. The most affordable path to a high-quality build.
Learn more about V0.1 and it's features here.
Who suggested it:
This one's on us. KB3D is a proud partner of LDO motors. When offered the opportunity to participate in kit distribution, we couldn't help but think that this is a great opportunity for a Group Buy.
Our existing relationship and experience with LDO offers confidence that these kit's will be as great on your bench as they are on paper.
While an official BOM is not yet available due to on-going refinements, we do know that (with the exceptions listed below) these kits are absolutely complete - all the way down to glue, thread locker, and VHB tape.
- LDO frame, motor, rail, hardware kits
- Phaetus Dragonfly BMO hot end
- Pre-made wire harness
- 2 Flexible Build Surfaces (Powdercoated and Smooth PEI)
- Cast aluminum bed
- Raspberry Pi 3B
- Complete acrylic enclosure with top hat.
For the full kit BOM - Click Here
What's Not Included:
The builder will be responsible for printed parts. You can print your own, or take advantage of Voron's PiF (Print It Forward) program.
See LDO's printed parts guide here
Learn more about the PiF program here
Choose your machines frame color! LDO offers some beautiful anodized aluminum extrusions viewable in the product photos above. We like orange, but we're biased.
Color options include:
You can specify your desired color in the notes during checkout, or send us a message!
You can also find us in our channel on the Voron discord! Click here
Want to run a different hot-end? Already have one?
Use Code "BYOH" during checkout for a credit on the included Phaetus Dragonfly BMO. We stock Slice Engineering and E3D products that can be added to your cart and shipped with your order as well!
Features & Extras
- Stainless Steel Linear Rails - That's right, no more worrying about rusty rails. You'll still want to grease these rails, but you can do it at the end of your build.
- Machined Rail Nuts - Our kit includes 5 custom machined T nuts to secure the linear rails onto the extrusions, (no need to fiddle with tiny m2 nuts on a thin plastic part)
- Brass Insert Tool - We've included a custom machined brass tip for your soldering iron, use it to install heatset inserts with ease! Check here for more information.
- Pre-cut & Pre-wired - Our kit includes all necessary wiring: cut to just the right length and pre-crimped or soldered to their respective parts. See our supplementary wiring guide here.
- Two Types of Nuts - We've included both black oxide hex nuts and stainless square nuts in our kit, use whichever type you prefer.
- Partially Threaded Screws - The small pack of partially threaded SHCS screws (M3x30/x35) are for the mini-afterburner, they help reduce wear on the Guidler and Latch parts.
- Hex Wrenches - We found that 1.5mm hex wrenches wear out easily, so we threw in a bunch of them. However, you should definitely still buy a set of good quality hex wrenches.
- Threadlocker - We included a small tube of threadlocker. Use it on all the grub(set) screws.
- 2mm Drill Bit - Metric drill bits may not be very common in some parts of the world, so we included one. Use it to ream the filament path in your printed extruder parts.
- RTV Glue - The included tube of RTV glue is used for securing the heatpad to the aluminum build plate. Check out this great video by Nero3D for assembling a safe build plate.
- Take advantage of the Voron on Discord: https://discord.gg/voron. The community is very active on Discord and the users are very helpful on the #voron_0_questions channel.
- Download Fusion 360 and get a free license to view the 3D model of the printer. The 3D model is a very useful reference when the manual is ambiguous or unclear.
- Check out Nero 3DP's Youtube channel, he has a ton of videos on assembling Voron printers.
- Get a serial number once you finish building your Voron.
- Printed Parts Guide (LDO supplement) - Are you planning on printing parts before the kit arrives? Read our supplementary print guide to see which parts to print/replace/omit.
- Wiring Guide - We created this supplementary wiring guide to make wiring your printer a breeze.
- Nuts in 1515 Extrusions - See our short guide here for tips on handling nuts in 1515 aluminum extrusions.
Group Buy Details-
The process looks like this:
1. KB3D establishes a relationship with a particular products manufacturer and sets a basic price structure on cost vs quantity.
2. Interested buyers safely and securely reserve units through KB3D at a fixed product cost.
3. After the group buy ordering window expires, we negotiate additional savings into the purchase order when quantities allow for it. The order is placed.
4. On arrival, we distribute the product to the community with affordable worldwide shipping.
Things to note:
1. Unless otherwise noted in special circumstances, the pricing shown on the group buy page is what you pay (Plus shipping to your location). We'll never require additional payments.
2. If a group buy is more successful than anticipated, we can often save even more than the pricing orders are placed at! The difference will always be refunded back to the buyer upon campaign completion.
3. If a group buy fails to meet its minimum quantity goal, 100% of the buyers money is returned. We'll take care of the credit card and PayPal fees associated.
4. Due to the nature of group buys, orders are non-refundable once placed - unless of course the group buy fails.
5. While we do our best to vet products and manufacturers before committing to group buys, any warranty issues will need to be taken to the manufacturer. We will always make sure that the products are warranted and supported. Further, we always join in on group buys. We'll be familiar with the product in case of technical support needs.
These campaigns are driven by you, the community.
We're proud to represent you. Group buy ideas come from the community - we simply facilitate them in a way that helps folks feel comfortable.
The more we buy, the more we save.
Share your commitment with your friends, fellow makers, and enthusiasts. The more successful a campaign becomes, the more cost is reduced. This way every single buyer has a reason to celebrate.