LDO Voron Switchwire 3D Printer Kit
LDO Motor's offers this Voron Switchwire BOM build kit as a reasonably priced solution to the often sub-standard kits available elsewhere.
LDO Voron Switchwire 3D Printer Kit
Buying more than one?
Depending on your location, shipping may be more economical if orders are placed separately for each unit.
What it is:
LDO Motor's offers this Voron Switchwire BOM build kit as a reasonably priced solution to the often sub-standard kits available elsewhere. LDO has been a proud supporter of the Voron ecosystem for years and previously offered an extensive inventory of Voron-specific parts kits to the community. Armed with this knowledge and feedback from trusted folks on the development team, LDO now offers us this high quality and complete BOM kit!
Why we love it:
Parts kits with varying levels of quality have been around for quite some time now. Imported kits from far east vendors often include components that are not up to the safety standards that the Voron team begs its users to consider. Builders can do their best to identify and replace sub-par components during a build, but too often early failures cause headaches shortly after commissioning the printer. Add to this the possibility of missing or incorrect parts that require another month to arrive, and you can see why we love the LDO kits.
- LDO's trusted kit components all rolled into one complete kit
- Pay one shipping fee from one Vendor. Self sourcing can get expensive in this way.
- It's complete, and tested. LDO took feedback from early production kits to refine the final product.
- Economical, yet comprehensive. The most affordable path to a high-quality build.
Learn more about Switchwire and it's features here.
• LDO Frame Kit with color options
• LDO Stepper Motors
• LDO Stainless Steel Linear Rails
• LDO PCB heatbed
• LDO double-sided PEI flex plate
• Toolhead & Breakout PCB based
the popular hartk design.
• Pre-cut & Pre-wired cables
• Brass Heatset Insert Tool
• Input Shaper Toolkit (ADXL345)
• Small Tools for building
• Phaetus Dragonfly hotend
• Bigtreetech SKR Mini E3 v2
• Genuine WAGO terminals
• Genuine Bondtech BMG dual drive gears
• Genuine Gates 2GT belts
• LDO selected hardware (stainless steel)
What's Not Included:
The builder will be responsible for printed parts. You can print your own, or take advantage of Voron's PiF (Print It Forward) program.
See LDO's printed parts guide here
Learn more about the PiF program here
Choose your machines frame color! We like orange, but we're biased.
You can also find us in our channel on the Voron discord! Click here
Features & Extras
- Stainless Steel Linear Rails - That's right, no more worrying about rusty rails. You'll still want to grease these rails, but you can do it at the end of your build.
- Toolhead PCB - Our kit includes a modified hartk toolhead PCB. In addition, we designed a toolhead breakout PCB to make wiring at the controller end simple and straightforward.
- Brass Heatset Insert Tool - We've included a custom machined brass tip for your soldering iron, use it to install heatset inserts with ease! Check here for more information.
- Input Shaper Tool- We thew in a toolkit that includes all the necessary parts to help you perform input shaper calibration, hassle free.
- Pre-cut & Pre-wired - Our kit includes all necessary wiring: cut to just the right length and pre-crimped or soldered to their respective parts. See our supplementary wiring guide here.
- Small Tools - We include a small set of hex wrenches for all the fasteners used in the build (including a bunch of 1.5mm hex wrenches which wear out easily). However, you should definitely still buy a set of good quality hex wrenches. Also included is a small flat head screw driver that is useful in a surprising numerous situations.
- 2mm Drill Bit - Metric drill bits may not be very common in some parts of the world, so we included one. Use it to ream the filament path in your printed extruder parts.
- Take advantage of the Voron on Discord: https://discord.gg/voron. The community is very active on Discord and the users are very helpful on the #voron_switchwire_questions channel.
- Download Fusion 360 and get a free license to view the 3D model of the printer. The 3D model is a very useful reference when you encounter anything in the manual that is ambiguous or unclear.
- Check out Nero 3DP's Youtube channel, he has tons of videos on assembling Voron printers.
- Handle the Keybak with care! It has a tendency to retract violently whenever your eyeballs are near it.
- Print a Voron Cube, then print a Steppy!
- Get a serial number once you finish building your Voron.
- Printed Parts Guide (LDO supplement) - Are you planning on printing parts before the kit arrives? Read our supplementary print guide to see which parts to print/replace/omit.
- Wiring Guide - We created this supplementary wiring guide to go along with the included cable kit. We recommend reading the guide ahead of time: Some cable routing is required while you assemble the mechanical components.
- Cable Chain Guide - See our short guide here for tips on our included cable chains (also known as drag chains).