LDO Voron V0.1 3D Printer Kit
The newly available and high quality LDO Motors Voron V0.1 3D Printer Kit is here!
LDO Voron V0.1 3D Printer Kit
What it is:
LDO Motor's recently announced this Voron V0.1 BOM build kit as a reasonably priced solution to the often sub-standard kits available elsewhere. LDO has been a proud supporter of the Voron ecosystem for years and previously offered an extensive inventory of Voron-specific parts kits to the community. Armed with this knowledge and feedback from trusted folks on the development team, LDO now offers us this high quality and complete BOM kit!
Why we love it:
Parts kits with varying levels of quality have been around for quite some time now. Imported kits from far east vendors often include components that are not up to the safety standards that the Voron team begs its users to consider. Builders can do their best to identify and replace sub-par components during a build, but too often early failures cause headaches shortly after commissioning the printer. Add to this the possibility of missing or incorrect parts that require another month to arrive, and you can see why we love the LDO V0.1 kit.
- LDO's trusted kit components all rolled into one complete kit
- Pay one shipping fee from one Vendor. Self sourcing can get expensive in this way.
- It's complete, and tested. LDO took feedback from early production kits to refine the final product.
- Economical, yet comprehensive. The most affordable path to a high-quality build.
Learn more about V0.1 and it's features here.
While an official BOM is not yet available due to on-going refinements, we do know that (with the exceptions listed below) these kits are absolutely complete - all the way down to glue, thread locker, and VHB tape.
- LDO frame, motor, rail, hardware kits
- Phaetus Dragonfly BMO hot end
- Pre-made wire harness
- 2 Flexible Build Surfaces (Powdercoated and Smooth PEI)
- Cast aluminum bed
- Raspberry Pi 3B
- Complete acrylic enclosure with top hat.
For the full kit BOM - Click Here
What's Not Included:
The builder will be responsible for printed parts. You can print your own, or take advantage of Voron's PiF (Print It Forward) program.
See LDO's printed parts guide here
Learn more about the PiF program here
You can also find us in our channel on the Voron discord! Click here
Features & Extras
- Stainless Steel Linear Rails - That's right, no more worrying about rusty rails. You'll still want to grease these rails, but you can do it at the end of your build.
- Machined Rail Nuts - Our kit includes 5 custom machined T nuts to secure the linear rails onto the extrusions, (no need to fiddle with tiny m2 nuts on a thin plastic part)
- Brass Insert Tool - We've included a custom machined brass tip for your soldering iron, use it to install heatset inserts with ease! Check here for more information.
- Pre-cut & Pre-wired - Our kit includes all necessary wiring: cut to just the right length and pre-crimped or soldered to their respective parts. See our supplementary wiring guide here.
- Two Types of Nuts - We've included both black oxide hex nuts and stainless square nuts in our kit, use whichever type you prefer.
- Partially Threaded Screws - The small pack of partially threaded SHCS screws (M3x30/x35) are for the mini-afterburner, they help reduce wear on the Guidler and Latch parts.
- Hex Wrenches - We found that 1.5mm hex wrenches wear out easily, so we threw in a bunch of them. However, you should definitely still buy a set of good quality hex wrenches.
- Threadlocker pre-applied to all critical fasteners.
- 2mm Drill Bit - Metric drill bits may not be very common in some parts of the world, so we included one. Use it to ream the filament path in your printed extruder parts.
- Pre-applied silicone heater.
- Take advantage of the Voron on Discord: https://discord.gg/voron. The community is very active on Discord and the users are very helpful on the #voron_0_questions channel.
- Download Fusion 360 and get a free license to view the 3D model of the printer. The 3D model is a very useful reference when the manual is ambiguous or unclear.
- Check out Nero 3DP's Youtube channel, he has a ton of videos on assembling Voron printers.
- Get a serial number once you finish building your Voron.
- Printed Parts Guide (LDO supplement) - Are you planning on printing parts before the kit arrives? Read our supplementary print guide to see which parts to print/replace/omit.
- Wiring Guide - We created this supplementary wiring guide to make wiring your printer a breeze.
- Nuts in 1515 Extrusions - See our short guide here for tips on handling nuts in 1515 aluminum extrusions.
You might also like